here's a blanket apology for everything. follow for inconsistent blogging and the chance to regret the decision immediately!please enjoy some pictures of harrison ford
Daughters of Thanos
basically my life can be summed up in alternating periods of Linda Belcher’s “Alriiiiight!” and Bob Belcher’s “Oh my god”
and we believe that god has lust for everything.
THE UNCERTAINTY OF CHANGE: A CLOSER LOOK AT THE ‘LEGEND OF KORRA’ BOOK 3 FINALE
By Juliet Kahn
I re-watched “Sozin’s Comet” last night, in the wake of The Legend of Korra’s third season finale. It was still wonderful, still grand and gorgeous and heavy with emotion. But it felt different this time. It felt…funnier.
And really, it is. Avatar: The Last Airbender‘s four-episode finale starts with a beach party. Sokka cracks jokes as he scrambles across a crumbling airship. The last spoken line is a blind joke. It is clear to me, in a way that it wasn’t when I first watched it, that these characters are young teens. Young teens dealing with genocidal dictatorships, Orwellian city-states and the general mayhem of war, absolutely, but their age lends the whole affair a constant, underlying levity. The adults that exist are kept at arm’s length from the action—present, but unmistakably marked as “grown-ups,” and thus distant. Youth, and all its connotations of hope and humor, are the engine of the show.
Legend of Korra, in contrast, is downright grim. The central team all falls between 17 and 20 years old, and 50-somethings like Lin and Tenzin are as present in the story as they are. Their relationships feel less timid, less blushy. Characters like Mako have solid careers and murky pasts involving gang membership. Azula was a terrifying and tragic villain, but baddies like Zaheer (and Amon, and Unalaq) wield philosophical weight alongside their grinning evil.
Have you heard? Dreamworks Animation and Studio Mir, the company behind Nickelodeon’s The Legend of Korra, announced Thursday they will work together to produce up to four new animated television series in the next four years.
This is huge both because a Korean company has never partnered on such a large scale with an American animation group, and because these shows will be created in 2D animation. I’m ecstatic!
It’s great to see that Korean animation is being taken seriously enough to be treated as a creative equal rather than just as a source of cheap production. Studio Mir’s work is undeniably beautiful, and if Mir’s talent can be combined with the storytelling prowess exhibited in How to Train Your Dragon 2, I will be a very happy customer.
An article inthe Korea Herald had the following to say:
“The contract with DreamWorks is meaningful since we will be working as partners,” Studio Mir founder and executive producer Yoo Jae-myung said.
“This has never been done before by a Korean studio.”
A Studio Mir spokesman said details regarding the titles of the cartoons could not be revealed, but that they would be in 2-D.
This is great news for both companies, since each has had some fairly concerning press in the past few weeks, between the financial troubles of Dreamworks Animation (now under direction of new chief financial officer Fazal Merchant) and the on-again/off-again nature of Korra Book Three, now safely on Nick.com.
Speaking of The Legend of Korra, Studio Mir uploaded a lovely picture on Facebook yesterday thanking fans for their support of Book Three.
- Courtney (HarmonicaCave)
Hadn’t heard about this at all. That’s awesome.
It came out. I wasn’t gonna say that, but then I started getting nervous up there for some reason, cause they kept saying to wrap it up […] and then I saw his sweet face, and I miss him so much !
Matthew Goode for Esquire (April 2013)
Natalia Kills ran her mouth today about how “All About That Bass” is a song that bullies and victimizes thin girls. I then ran my mouth about how that is a load of bullshit on a variety of levels. (x)
I don’t like it. Your face.
they’ll keep taking till you’re d e a d
lol I also ship the sole ca:tws cast. all of them in every combination
I DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU COULDN’T????? like that entire fucking cast is an actual jigsaw puzzle and there are no wrong combinations of it??? its like, you can pick any trait/baggage/whatever of any character and everybody can complement it but in a very distinct way individually but still work as a group
1. Talk about the first ship you ever had.
listen. i wish i could say it was some han/leia or other equally Classic ship but it was anime. specifically, sailor moon. and then you’re like OH TUXEDO MASK AND SAILOR MOON. AND I WISH IT WAS THAT SIMPLE. (i mean i shipped them in the way that i knew who were supposed to end up together in shows, so i was kind of like, aww adorbs) but no, my first real ship that i decided i wanted to happen on my own was not. it was usagi and seiya who i donnnn’t think americans are familiar with because they never aired the Sailor Starlights arc in the US, BUT IT WAS GLORIOUS. long story short, the starlights were a boyband who were secretly lady scouts and seiya was the leader of the group and I WANTED THEM TO KISS. and you’re like. how are they a boyband and be lady scouts. AT THE TIME I DID NOT KNOW BUT MY GOD DID I NOT CARE. (i literally had to wiki this bc i’ve forgotten, but apparently when they’re human they inhabit male bodies, but when transformed to scouts, they’re women). wiki tells me there’s debate on whether or not they’re women when they’re not scouts but when i watched it i assumed they just pulled a haruka/sailor uranus, really, my first real ship was femslash before i knew what femslash was.
and i’m literally scouring my brain for earlier non anime ships i had, but like literally the other option is vegeta/bulma.
5. Do you have any poly ships?
DO YOU MEAN THE ENTIRE CAPTAIN AMERICA CAST???????????? like every combination of it. cap and sam and nat and bucky and maria. i want it all.
but i am a multi-shipper. i am easily swayed by ao3 tags where i just go. wait. oh no. oH NO.
12. Have you ever been disappointed when your ship finally got together?
hrrrmm, see i hold canon and fandom/fanon in two very separate hands so, the few times i do ship something canon, i don’t really hang my hopes on it too much? because even when it goes in a direction i don’t like, i’m like. cool. cool cool cool. and then i go on ao3.
20. Talk about a ship you feel alone in shipping.
bolin/asami. i love opal and this is where #12 comes into bc i was srsly expecting them to expand bolin and asami’s relationship, esp after the beginning of s2, but instead opal was introduced (AND I MEAN THAT IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE AND NOT PASSIVE AGGRESSIVELY). i mean, i keep going back to literally this one fic if i’m ever struck to make me hate myself for having these weird, fringe ships. so not completely alone, but well. spongebob_the_gang’s_all_here.jpg
- Talk about the first ship you ever had.
- Talk about three of the most important ships throughout your life.
- What’s your current OTP?
- What’s your current NOTP?
- Do you have any poly ships?
- How do you feel about love triangles?
- How do you feel about RPF?
- Have you ever shipped yourself with a character?
- Do you have many ships that never got together at all?
- Do you ship any characters that have never met?
- Talk about your favorite first kiss.
- Have you ever been disappointed when your ship finally got together?
- Has a ship ever broken your heart?
- How do you feel about will they/won’t they?
- Have you ever “shipped at first sight”?
- Talk about a ship you initially disliked.
- Talk about a pairing you’ve stopped shipping romantically.
- Talk about a moment which made you question an entire ship.
- Have you ever shipped something despite yourself?
- Talk about a ship you feel alone in shipping.
- Is there a ship you just don’t get, but have nothing against?
- Which of your ships have the best chemistry?
- Which of your ships deserve better writing?
- Do you mostly ship canon pairings?
- Have you ever shipped a pairing before you even started watching the show/movie simply because of gifs and graphics or similar?
- Have you noticed a pattern in your shipping? Is there a romantic dynamic you’re more drawn to?
- Is there a ship you’ve shipped for most of your life?
- Does shipping come easily to you?
- Do you need to ship something to really enjoy a movie/book/tv show/comic?
- Name a couple of fandoms in which you have no ships.
- Talk about one of your favorite headcanons for a ship you love.
- Share five must-read fics.
- Name your favorite fanartist(s).
- Share your favorite fanmix for your OTP.
- Recommend 1-5 shipper blogs.
- Do you create fanmixes/gif sets/fanart/fic/fanvids and so on for you ships?
- Do you have a favorite trope and/or AU for your OTP?
- Do you like and use ship names?
- Is there a fictional relationship you’d really want for yourself?
- If you could change one thing about your OTP, what would that be?